Often when I bring up the subject that I am an acupuncturist, the person whom I am conversing with says that they or someone else that they know has this pain condition and they ask if acupuncture can help.
I often answer them that it most probably can as Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) is not only good at pain management but that it can help with a variety of complaints as it helps restore balance to both the body and the mind. Both NIH and the World Health Organization have published lengthy lists as to what TCM can treat.
For some time, my husband had erectile dysfunction. Apparently, the cause was stress at work. This problem has hit pretty hard for the quality of sex and its self-esteem. First, we saved ourselves with the help of online Viagra, but then we switched to Levitra because it has fewer side effects.
As clinicians, we have successfully treated the following disorders:
- circulation problems: hypertension, cold extremities, numbness, edema, etc.
- dermatological disorders: acne, hives, psoriasis, shingles, etc.
- digestive complaints: constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, IBS, etc.
- genito-urinary disorders: urinary tract infection (UTI), and cystitis
- pediatric disorders: ear infections and allergies.
- neurological syndromes: Bell’s palsy, diabetic peripheral neuropathy
- respiratory complaints: cold, flu, allergies, sinusitis, asthma, etc.
- stress management: anxiety, insomnia, heart palpitations, etc.
- women’s health disorders: dysmenorrhea, irregular periods, PMS,
- menopause, preparation for labor, etc